Sunday, September 21, 2008

Servant Frock-Take One!


Here is my first attempt at a Sugar City Journal pattern. The Servant Frock. I was doing fine until I put in the ruffle. Try as I might, I couldn't sew straight over that gathered ruffle, and the resulting crooked stitching made my heart break. What's a girl to do? Especially when it would take FOREVER to rip those stitches out? I took the path of least resistance, and broke into my trim stash, and used it to cover my crazy stitching. I'll need to take a picture of Emi in it. It definitely improves the look!!
The fabric is Amy Butler from her Midwestern Mod line.

1 comment:

dana said...

so fun!!
I'm so glad you started a sewing blog! Even if you have one project to post! Seriously, starting my sewing blog made me want to sew even more b/c I had an outlet to show it. It felt like a portfolio for me and a way to share ideas (since I love looking at other people's ideas too).
Your servant dress is cute! And I'm glad to hear that it didn't take too long to make. The Village Frock wasn't complicated, but it took some time and effort. The first one I made didn't look good and didn't quite fit right on my skinny daughter. So I made some adjustments and now I LOVE it!
Good luck with your projects. I'll check in on sewing blog :)