Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Because I couldn't help myself

I really should be SEWING, not out buying old (1925!) Singer sewing machines off of Craigslist! I blame it on the find at Goodwill yesterday, and I will control myself...now...

Isn't that a lovely wooden case? It fits over the top and locks with a little key. It is electric, but instead of a foot pedal, it has this long curved metal bar which is a knee lever. Singer has a list of serial numbers on its website, and that is how I discovered what year it was manufactured. I'm hoping to display it on top of our new entertainment center. I love it! But no more, or my husband will set me out, with all my machines! :)

1 comment:

Rae_Goddard said...

Hey! I just found this blog post, I just got one off a friend but I can't open it. Do you know where I could get a key for it?

It's torture not being able to get into it! I can't even tell what it looks like on the inside, but the case is very similar to yours.

Regards!

Rae