Sunday, August 30, 2009

Invisible Zipper Success!!

I got to the scariest part of the Cabo Halter today. The part that has had me kind of putting it off, and saying, "I'll try to figure it out tomorrow." The invisible zipper. I've never put in a zipper before, and it just seems so complicated and impossible somehow. A big thing in a lot of the online tutorials that I found was the importance of an invisible zipper foot. They had them right by the zippers at the fabric store, but it was all in pieces of different colored plastic. I took one look at them, and deemed them utterly not for zipper novices, such as myself. So I did a quick search on Ebay and ended up with one for my machine. And it is ONE piece, so that made it a little less intimidating. And guess what? I did it today. I still need to do some hand-finishing, and finish up the rest of the back seam, but I put in an invisible zipper! In one try!
See...

Tomorrow I just need to do some finish work on the zipper, and hem it, and I will be done with the halter. And it fits perfectly, I didn't even have to mess with adjustments or anything. The only thing is that the pattern doesn't match up...a lesson I'll need to learn on another day.
All in all, I'm pretty proud of myself. More pictures once it is finished!

No comments: